Here are five of this week’s most interesting and important news items and articles from the world of online marketing.
1. I Yield To Google: My Paid Links Are NoFollow — Barry Schwartz finally bows to the inevitable and offers an intriguing look at his history with paid links and what has made him change his prior position on them.
2. Tracking Image Search In Google Analytics — an impressive how-to with step-by-step directions on collecting the stats you need to separate out image search traffic from regular organic traffic.
3. This Week’s Top Six Infographics — eConsultancy’s roundup of relevant infographics features 2 related to mobile advertising that have lots of great data to consider.
4. 3 Social Media Metrics Your Business Should Track — Confused about what to track (and how) with social media? Social Media Examiner looks at this issue and provides solutions.
5. 5 Common Mistakes With Rel=Canonical – Google weighs in on the proper use of the rel=canonical tag with a discussion of best practices.
Image: Thank God It’s Friday by Shutterstock